Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Saturday, 3 September 2011

Bah Humbug

So the countdown to christmas is upon us now that X Factor has started and the warehouse at work is starting to fill up with tins of christmas chocolates. I don't really do christmas, in fact last year on the big day I went to weston super mare with my parents and their dogs. We had a lovely walk along the snow filled beach, found a cafe open so I bought a stick of rock as you do :) and enjoyed our Christmas dinner sat in the car, a picnic of tomato soup followed by a turkey and stuffing baguette and mince pie for pud (I have no problem with xmas food). All in all a lovely day out, the previous year I spent at home with pizza and garlic bread, new pyjama's and plenty of dvd's. The reaction I usually get is "what ?? you can't do that on xmas day !!" well you know what ? I can and I will, I have yet to make plans for this year, I am open to ideas though :)

5 comments:

  1. Usually love Christmas ... This year just not feeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with good enough reason missus !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas but I'd never tell anyone they couldn't spend theirs as they wanted to :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big kid when it comes to Christmas. I love the anticipation, the present-buying, the wrapping, the decorating.. in the words of an old man with a beard (not that one..) "I wish it could be Christmas everyday!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. On that note I should add, I always used to love christmas and spent hours making gifts look really well wrapped and writing out cards (I send very few now) but I do actually enjoy the old school Christmas songs like Wizzard and Slade etc and Santa Claus the movie is one of my favourite films. When I stop enjoying all of it thats when I will change my name to Ebeneezer :)

    ReplyDelete