Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Life Changing

I came up with this poem while drifting off to sleep last night (luckily I have notebooks by the bed)

Life Changing


You bought me a pen
And asked me on a date
My life would never be the same again

You took me for meals
And weekends away
My life had changed already

You asked my Dad for my hand in marriage
And proposed in a hot air balloon
My life could not get better

You said I do through your tears
And made an emotional speech
My life was full of happiness

You held my hand through labour
And again when our second child was born
My life was now complete

You kissed us all goodbye
And set off for work as usual
My life changed forever that day

You weren't the one at fault
And they said you tried to swerve
My life is full of tears

You died, the drink driver survived
And today we said goodbye
My life will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment