Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Just a few more minutes

I wish that I could have said goodbye
but you seemed in a hurry to leave.
If only I could have stopped you going
or kept you just a little longer.

No amount of time would be enough
to tell you how much I love you.
To tell you that i'll always miss you
and you'll never be forgotten.

Maybe I'm being selfish
by wishing you were still here.
Memories may stay with me for life
but my heart is broken forever.

I know you'd say move on, be happy
but that's easier said than done.
If we had our time over again
I'd never stop saying I love you.

I love you and I always will
you'll always be in my heart.
I know that you are gone from this world
but we won't be apart forever.

1 comment: