Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Monday, 31 December 2012

So long 2012..........

2012 The year of the Queen's Jubilee and the London Olympics, the year I walked around London in my Bra!

So clearly you already know how much I love the Olympics and that really has been the highlight of my year, but there are many others that come close.
Walk the walk was a massive confidence boost for me this year, it's not often you walk around London in your bra is it? (well I guess if alcohol was involved you might?)
I have secured a promotion and moved stores, having now been there for a couple of months I do feel I made the right decision and although I miss working with some great friends I think it has made me appreciate them more when we get to spend time together.
I passed my creative writing course, now officially halfway to my degree and am currently coping fairly well with 2 more courses.
I have been involved in the behind the scenes work of a new Anthology of creative writing, which has enabled me to interview some of my favourite authors including Sarah Rayner and Jojo Moyes.

I have lot's to look forward to in 2013, seeing Olly Murs in concert, watching Oliver at the theatre, a holiday to Scotland, starting my final (hopefully) course for my degree.
I will be taking part in Race for life again and hopefully the Dorothy House walk in memory of my Aunty Penny who sadly passed away on Christmas eve. I'm also hoping to walk up Ben Nevis while on holiday, in order to do this though I need to get back into healthy eating and exercise.

I don't make New year's resolutions but I do have some hopes for the year:
1. To get back on track with my weight loss
2. To meet up with some of my Open uni buddies around the country
3. To continue passing my courses
4. To finish the year with the same friends I start it with (I can add to them but don't wish to lose any)
5. To make good things happen for myself and others

I'm determined that 2013 will be a good year and I shall aim to do all I can to make it so.

Happy New Year to all my friends and followers :) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment