Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Aunty Penny

Today we said our final goodbyes to Aunty Penny, a much loved lady who will be very missed. I wanted to share with you a poem that was read at the service today, it was written by my sister.

Aunty Penny

I got the call this morning,
I can't believe it's true;
Nobody should leave like that, 
Especially not you.
You were the greatest Godmother
A girl could ever have;
In the 30 years I shared with you,
You never made me sad.
From sleeping through Jurassic Park
To silly laughing clowns - 
A 10p mix from up the shop,
By secrets we were bound.
These memories of me and you
will last my whole life through,
And when it's time to meet again
I'll tell you I've missed you.

By Samantha Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment