Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Friday, 11 July 2014

With a little help from my friends...........

I've achieved my degree!
There were times that I didn't think I would get to this point, I even booked my graduation ceremony the other day and wondered what would happen if I hadn't passed my exam. Well worrying over, I passed my exam and achieved a 2:1 BA (Hons) English Literature.
I have been lucky throughout my studying to have some really great tutors who have been both helpful and inspiring and I have enjoyed (despite anything I said at the time) every one of my courses in one way or another.
More than that though I have had support from my friends and family and work colleagues, all of which has been invaluable. Nobody made fun of me when I said I was starting this degree, nobody complained (at least not to my face) when I declined invitations for nights outs in order to complete an essay and my Facebook status announcing my results has been the most popular one I've ever written.
I am so proud of myself but also so thankful that I have so many people in my life that are also proud of me.
Open University has enabled me to make new friends, some of whom I have never met and most likely will never get a chance to; every one of them has helped in their own way whether it be just liking a TMA inspired status therefore showing they understand or proof reading my essays, or offering advice, or simply posting something funny at the right time.
I've been lucky enough to have met up with several of these new friends who I know, alongside my other friends and family will support me with whatever venture I choose to take on next . . . . . . . . . . if only I could decide what this venture should be.
Thank you to each and every one of you.


1 comment: