Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Saturday, 20 December 2014

Good things jar ....2014

I know it's not the end of the year yet but I am taking advantage of my last weekend off of 2014.
I'm pleased to say I was more successful with the task this year, as you can see my jar is quite full. However I should probably put a bit more detail on some of my notes as I'm sat here confused as to what I meant at the time.
So here's my year of good things.

January
Received a parcel from my sister (cross stitch, framed), was 'made over' with wigs and dresses on my head by Ebony & Mackenzie, for some reason I searched the court of King Caractacus on youtube which led to a great amount of laughter and some lovely memories from a holiday in Tenerife. Watched a member of staff jump in to a huge tower of toilet roll at work which was funny itself but more so that he was unsure whether I was being serious telling him to do it (I don't work in that store now so can share) received another high score for an essay, watched the Hi-lights present Over the rainbow, Babysat for Ebony and endured a lot of Little Princess shows, and though it's not written down I am sure this was when she was trying to explain someone else's funny story to me which resulted in a lot of laughter. Went to Whitehall for lunch with mum and she dropped her tray on the floor, fish n chips everywhere still makes me laugh now.

February
Great day out in Bath with mum and Leann, shopping and watching the Full Monty at the theatre, Fireworks at Weston Super Mare, donated my 3 piece suite to charity, Found a sign in the comments book at the RUH simply stating 'you are beautiful' and my Uncle told me to drive carefully (sometimes it's the little things).

March
Went to see Miranda in Cardiff, found a sign in the toilets saying 'Stay Beautiful' which made me smile, took a detour on route home and had a look around Barry Island for old times sake. Had a fantastic weekend in Cornwall celebrating Michelle & Ryan's wedding, got involved with some of the organising while there and received a lovely gift in the post when I got home as a thank you. Not that a thank you was needed as I had a wonderful time. 

April
Celebrated mums birthday with a cinema trip and food, had a dvd day with mum (also involving food). Made some money selling stuff on ebay and had a really funny day at work laughing at a customer with paint on her face (she was also laughing).

May
Read my first non study book in ages, got a lovely postcard from my parents, lunch out with my best mate, Mcdonalds and the circus with Ebony & Mackenzie. Received some fab pressies from my parents holiday including LOT'S of pens and some Highland Toffee, bought myself a Jane Eyre pendant from Scribbelicious and bought new pyjama's (my note also says green tea but I have no idea what that's about) 

June
Watched Thriller at Bath Theatre Royal and got free parking from a lovely lady before the show. Took my final exam and celebrated my freedom with a chinese with Wiggy and received a lovely little dream catcher from my sister. Got a lovely email from my final tutor following the exam. Had a laugh at work sounding like I was shouting at a customer when actually I was voicing my displeasure at the half naked man over the road, luckily the customer knew this! We had ice cream and cake on shift too. Discovered the Book Barn after taking a detour but rather enjoying the drive, had a lovely meal and got 25% off then went to watch Maleficent at the cinema. Went to pick the kids up from school with my friend, Ebony was very pleased to see me and refused to get out of my car at home unless I stayed for a little while.

July
Purchased some cheap tickets for a trip to London and found it was the changing of the guards when I got there (my plans were different but soon changed) was lovely to watch. More new PJ's and got a bottle of wine from my neighbour. Exam results came in with a grade 2 pass resulting in an overall 2:1 degree. Had a cream tea with mum, got my eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted for free from my beautician for my birthday and had a chinese takeaway. Received some lovely butterfly gifts from Sarah-jane and mother. Watched a production of Jane Eyre at Bradford on Avon with mum.

August
Some more lovely pressies from the Bardsley clan off their holiday including a pen made from corn on the cob, went to Salisbury shopping and successfully found my graduation outfit as well as a new top and some new work shoes (everything on the list).

September
Had a cleaning spree with mum (she likes doing bathrooms!) so my flat was sparkling, went out for lunch too.

October
Officially debt free, A little boy waved at me from his bike as his dad was saying thanks for letting them cross the road, really made me smile. My graduation ceremony which was a fantastic day, received some lovely gifts and cards. Car passed its MOT

November
Started the Cambridge diet. Purchased Take That tickets for 2015. Took the kids to Weston Carnival, returned to Weston the following week to watch the fireworks.

December
Won a few prizes on Marks and Spencer pass the parcel, survived a day in Swindon with mum (so close to Christmas I usually avoid).

There are more notes in my jar but for one reason or another I won't be sharing them. There are also other lovely things that have happened this year that didn't make it into the jar. I read the entire collection of Harry Potter books this year. I made myself a treat list when I started Cambridge so for each stone I lose I get a treat so far I have lost 2 stone so have ticked off 2 of those treats already. I made a picture wall in my living room consisting of photos that I love as well as some artwork. 

I hope 2015 sees even more notes in my jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment