Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Monday, 15 December 2014

My Cambridge diet journey.........it's not all about shakes!

Those who know me in real life or those who've read previous blog posts will know I'm no stranger to a diet, I'm also a big lover of food, hence the constant dieting. As it's coming up to the new year when people will want to diet I decided to write a blog about my new weight loss journey.
I've heard about the Cambridge diet before, described mostly as swapping food for shakes and I hate to admit it but I have always been sceptical of diets that don't involve food. Partly due to the fact I love food and partly because they didn't sound healthy.
but WAIT.............
Cambridge is about more than just shakes!
There are six steps to the plan and all but one of them involves food, even better it's not just shakes you can have. There are several flavours of shake as well as soups, porridge, rice pudding and even risotto, so much choice it's often difficult deciding which to order. I've lost weight before on diets that give you no limits but I get to a point where I'm bored and ultimately give up and gain the weight back,when I got to that point this year I knew I had to do something about it so I investigated the Cambridge plan and I am so glad I did.
First things first I needed a consultant, I personally find it easier to get on with male consultants (judging from past experience) so it didn't take me long to decide.
(you can find my consultant here http://www.cambridgeweightplan.com/consultants/22034/2/andrew-e )
Andy has been a great help on my journey so far and very supportive. I emailed several times with questions before I even set a date to start and was always met with patient answers and never felt I was being annoying. I had decided that as I had plans around my graduation day that I would set the beginning of November as my start date. For the first week I wrote a diary so I could keep track of how I was feeling, thankfully it was mostly positive. I was a bit light headed on day 3 and on day 4 I felt quite hungry (6 weeks later and that is actually the only time). I'm on step 2 of the plan which means I get products as well as a meal. During that first week I took my friends kids to Mcdonalds (they also had sweets, crisps and hot chocolate with marshmallows) and resisted completely. It paid off and I lost 9lb. Since then I have had nights out at the pub (fruit tea and water for me), cooked pizza for my goddaughter, sat with friends while they ate fish n chips and gave away the shortbread that seems to always come with a hot drink.
My weight losses so far:-
Week 1 - 9lb
Week 2 - 4lb
Week 3 - 6lb
Week 4 - 4lb
Week 5 - 3 1/2lb
Week 6 - 3 1/2lb

A total at this point of 2 stone 2lb, I still have a long way to go but I feel I am now on the right journey. I used to think about food constantly and this diet has changed that, I'm getting all the good stuff my body needs and still losing weight. I have very supportive friends and family and obviously a very supportive consultant (perfect mixture). I don't pretend it's not hard but thinking of the end result it will be worth it.
To keep me motivated I made myself a treat list for each stone I lose, so far I've spoiled myself in Lush and just purchased a new bag (with a free purse).
Looking forward to my next treat and to getting into even smaller clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment