Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Sunday, 4 January 2015

Persistence pays off

Have you ever started something that became a bit too difficult so you gave up? I'm sure if I was asked to write a list of things I've decided were too hard to continue I would need a big piece of paper.
Tonight though I persisted and it paid off! Of course I'm only talking about an ear piercing here but bear with me.
Years ago I had the top of my ear pierced twice, for work I'm not supposed to wear them (shhhh) and so for some reason I took one out and left the other in. For a good couple of years now I've been trying to get an earring back in to the second piercing but it always stopped halfway. Every now and again I'd give it another go, it would make my arms ache and my ear hurt so each time I would give up when it wouldn't go through. Tonight I changed my other earrings to new ones and decided to try again with that piercing, this time I was determined to get an earring in there. I kept going despite it hurting; my arms ache and my ear is now quite hot, but I did it. I now have an earring back in the piercing, and a cold compress on it to cool it down.
I know what some people may be thinking, big deal you got an earring in so what? This isn't about the earring though.
It's about not giving up.
It's about perservering when things get tough.
It's about running through the pain.
It's about focusing on the end result.
It's not just about an earring it's about whatever you want it to be about.

Persevere and you will get there!

1 comment: