Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Monday, 19 January 2015

Pounds, inches and denial!

Last week when I got to my 3 stone loss my consultant sent me a comparison photo of before and after. While I can see a big difference in my size I also found it slightly amusing that I am wearing the same trousers in both photos.
When I started the plan my most recent clothes purchase was a size 26 so I can only assume that the reason I wore size 20 trousers to weigh in was from denial at actually being that size. I remember buying the size 26 (my graduation outfit) and telling my mum at the time that there was no way I was that size, couldn't possibly be! Well obviously I was or I would have fitted in to a smaller dress!
At the weekend I had a sort through my wardrobe and only put back in the clothes that fit me now, and a few smaller ones that will fit soon (positive thinking is good for you). I was a bit gutted that my favourite trousers no longer fit but found a pair of brand new trousers that I forgot I had bought that now fit. I will however be overjoyed when my 'weigh in' trousers are too big to wear.
So this weeks weigh in brought in a loss of 4 1/2 lb bringing my total to 3 stone 7 lb. I was also measured today and in total I've lost 16 1/2 inches, 6 of which have come off my hips AMAZING!
I would definitely recommend measuring yourself regularly particularly if you have no loss one week as it makes you feel better that you are still changing shape.
I'm no longer in denial about my clothes size, there are in fact a mix of sizes in my wardrobe now that all fit me but I'm happy to say that a 26 is not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment