Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Exploring home

Sometimes it's easy to think that a holiday in a foreign country is what you need to relax and forget about work. Sun, sea, sand and language barriers!
We often forget though that we live in a beautiful country. It's been a while since I went for a proper walk and I do miss my old walk to work through the countryside, particularly now the nicer weather has arrived.
At the weekend my boyfriend and I went for a lovely walk along an old railway line leading to Jack and Jill hill in Kilmersdon.
Thankfully it was a lovely day weather wise and the views were gorgeous, this was from the top of the hill. 
Since it's been a while since I walked very far (it was only a 4 & 1/2 mile walk though) I'm surprised my legs got me up the hill; it's not actually a bad hill though and the views make up for it anyway. 
So if you're looking for a way to relax and unwind go for a walk, explore the area around you, get lost if you need to (I do quite often), enjoy the views. 
Fresh air and exercise is never a bad thing and the West Country views are most definitely a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment