Where creative writing and general rambling go hand in hand :)

Saturday, 27 June 2015

On Reflection

Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror?
While walking through town the other day I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a shop window, it's not unusual I know and mostly I take no notice of it but I liked what I saw. Because I am so much happier with myself now I tend to look at myself more and I have to say, more often than not, I do like what I see.
There is a full length mirror in the locker room at work and I no longer avoid taking a quick peek before heading back to work. I don't look away from my reflection in a shop window anymore and I don't hate changing room mirrors.
I haven't become vain, there are still lot's of things I don't like about myself which I think is human nature.While I am still overweight I am happy with the way I look; there will always be improvements to be made and I will never be someone who can eat whatever they like without putting on weight. I know from the past week or so that life after Cambridge is not going to be easy with regards to eating but I'm determined that my size 14's will fit for a long time to come.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO understand where you`re coming from. Well done on how much you`ve achieved over the last year.....look forward to keeping up with the next instalment! Alison

    ReplyDelete